The Clinical Laboratory Operations Director is responsible for overseeing the day to day operation of all of the clinical laboratory teams, including Cytogenetics, FISH, Flow Cytomerty, Histology/ Immunohistochemistry and Molecular. This position is the liaison between the individual laboratory managers and medical directors, as well as between the laboratory teams and all other departments within the company. An understanding of the clinical and scientific principles of laboratory testing is required.
(Skills & Experience) Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the laboratory management of the Cytogenetics, FISH, Flow Cytometry, HIS/IHC and Molecular teams to ensure efficient laboratory processes and quality laboratory results.
- Oversee and coordinate validation studies for new instrumentation, reagents and protocols.
- Participate in the evaluation of new laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Review proficiency surveys to ensure correct performance and outcome. If needed, oversee the corrective action to address deficiencies.
- Assist with and participate in the inspection and review process from CAP, CLIA, or other accrediting agencies for the laboratory.
- Manage, in coordination with each department manager/supervisor, the staffing model and staffing utilization to maintain/improve efficiency and productivity and control overtime.
- Assist with projects and project management as assigned.
- BS in a laboratory science
- MT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP) or equivalent
- Laboratory personnel participating in licensure or certification maintenance programs must complete the number of continuing education hours prescribed by their licensing or certifying agency.
- Technical laboratory personnel whose certification has been grandfathered and does not require participation in a certification maintenance program must complete at least twelve hours of continuing education annually.
- Minimum of 8 years of laboratory experience
- License: MT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP) or equivalent (Required)