Amar Jariwala, MD12/03/2021
Dr. Amar Jariwala is a hematopathologist and surgical pathologist with experience signing out complex bone marrow biopsies, lymph node biopsies, flow cytometry, and general surgical pathology in hospital-based practices. He also has extensive research experience in hematopathology, surgical pathology, infectious diseases, and vaccine development for neglected tropical diseases.
Dr. Jariwala received his Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery from Goa Medical College and Hospital in Bambolim, Goa, India and a Master of Science in Public Health from The George Washington University in Washington, D.C. He completed his residency in anatomic and clinical pathology at The George Washington University Hospital, followed by a fellowship in hematopathology at City of Hope National Medical Center in Duarte, California. His training included a rotation with Dr. Elaine Jaffe at NIH, and he has also worked under Dr. Peter Hotez, the world-renowned vaccinologist and neglected tropical diseases expert. Dr. Jariwala has authored or co-authored seventeen publications.
- American Board of Pathology: Certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- American Board of Pathology: Certified in Hematopathology
- Residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology at The George Washington University Hospital
- Hematopathology Fellowship at City of Hope National Medical Center
- Master of Science in Public Health, The George Washington University