Flexibility to Choose the Service that’s Best for You
As a national cancer testing laboratory, we understand the importance of delivering medically necessary and clinically significant testing with speed, precision and care. We're also committed to providing unparalled customer support. At CSI, we don’t believe in a one size fits all approach. That’s why we offer three different test evaluation options and let you select the level of service you prefer.
Our comprehensive diagnosis and consultation includes additional testing as determined by medical staff in communication with the referring physician(s).
Our targeted evaluation option includes packaged test options that allow you to select a specific panel based on cancer type/condition.
Our custom evaluation lets you choose specific tests you want performed from our entire menu of tests.
Pathology Results Delivered by an Expert Medical Team
CSI invests in an expert medical team, the right technology and equipment, and training – all with one thing in mind, to help you provide cancer care to patients whose treatment relies on accurate results. Since our company’s founding, we’ve focused on providing a higher level of service to our customers. This provides you:
- Direct access to our expert medical team for questions and consultations
- A commitment to respond to your needs quickly
- Friendly staff and personalized service
CSI uses 10-color flow cytometry – a sophisticated method for providing diagnosis, prognosis, and monitoring of malignancies with a relatively small sample size. With our skilled flow technologists and hematopathologists, we’re quickly able to identify emerging abnormalities and perform rare event analysis of patient-specific aberrant immunophenotypes.
- An advanced 10-color platform yielding more information per tube
- Full characterization of low cellularity samples
- A proprietary panel design for reduced interference of co-expression
- Viability dye in all tubes to exclude non-viable events for improved analysis
- Kappa/Lambda combined in a single tube for B-cell abnormalities
- Client re-gating with FCS Express Reader
- Expert hematopathology consult services for difficult flow cytometry cases
- Antibody panel formulations personalized for each case to maximize accurate diagnoses
- Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria (PNH) testing using high sensitivity FLAER-based analysis to diagnose and monitor PNH clones for treatment using eculizumab therapy
Our advanced FISH cancer testing is an invaluable diagnostic tool that can detect and confirm chromosome abnormalities such as deletions, duplications, translocations and other numerical or structural aberrations to diagnose and help predict the best therapeutic approach for cancer patients. Our extensive menu of FISH probe panels and individual probes precisely isolate and identify genetic alterations in solid tumor and hematological neoplasms.
FISH testing can be performed on cultured and uncultured cells. Thus, even if attempts to culture the cells for routine cytogenetics have failed, FISH can be performed to aid in diagnosis by identifying cryptic or variant rearrangements involving specific chromosomes’ loci. Analysis of FFPE tissue samples of breast, lung, and other solid tumors for which companion diagnostics drugs have been developed, helps the oncologists with the selection of the best therapy for their cancer patients.
- An extensive probe and panel menu for hematology and solid tumor cases/assays
- FISH reflex algorithms to guide additional diagnosis and/or prognosis
- Multiple Myeloma Assessment Protocol (MMAP) for plasma cell neoplasms
- A comprehensive image gallery with up to 300 images per case for tech-only cases
Our anatomic pathology program includes a complete array of more than 250 Immunohistochemistry (IHC) antibodies and histochemical stains that serve as a diagnostic resource. These stains are used to detect the presence, relative quantity, and localization of specific proteins to aid in determining differentiation in neoplasms with similar morphology. In addition to other applications, IHC is used to provide prognostic or therapeutic information.
- An expansive menu of tests including single antibodies and cocktails
- Multiple in-house staining and testing platforms, such as Ventana, Leica, and Agilent (Dako), so that we can tailor our methodology to each case for optimal validations and performance.
- Multiple tissue-processing services including formalin fixation, trimming, embedding, sectioning, and slide preparation
Long the cornerstone of genetic testing, cytogenetics analyzes the entire chromosome set for numerical and structural abnormalities such as chromosome additions, deletions and translocations. Identification of each abnormality aids diagnosis and treatment decisions for cancer patients. Cytogenetics requires interpretation by a skilled and experienced board-certified cytogeneticist–analysis of leukemias, lymphomas, and solid tumors often reveals otherwise undetectable chromosome abnormalities that might alter the diagnosis, prognosis, and therapeutic approach.
The cytogenetics team at CSI Laboratories is staffed by highly skilled PhDs and cytogenetic technologists. Each case is carefully reviewed to determine the most appropriate culturing methods and specific mitogens necessary to stimulate B-cell and T-cell lymphomas and plasma cell neoplasia samples in cytogenetic cultures. Our methods consistently provide our clients with reliable and informative cytogenetic results including tests on lymph nodes, which may be considered difficult samples to work with by other laboratories. All findings are correlated with other ancillary results to further help the pathologist in the morphologic evaluation of a particular neoplasm.
- Chromosome analysis of leukemias, lymphomas, and solid tumors, as well as constitutional analysis
- Use of specific mitogens to stimulate B-cell and T-cell lymphomas
- Chromosome analyses of constitutional studies, including Products of Conception (POC)
- Lab approval by the Children’s Oncology Group (COG)
- Exceptional abnormality detection rates
CSI offers a comprehensive menu of both hematopoietic and solid tumor molecular assays for qualitative and quantitative analysis. Our advanced single gene testing, targeted profile molecular assays, and broad-spectrum tumor testing yield clinically actionable data for precise diagnosis and appropriate therapy selection.
- A full range of NGS, real time PCR, fragment length analysis and Sanger sequencing
- Comprehensive in-house hematopoietic and solid tumor test offerings
- Single gene and full panel testing, plus customizable reflex panels
- Enhanced microdissection for better sensitivity and fewer instances of QNS