Website privacy and security
Our commitment to your privacy
Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to protecting it. We want you to understand how we use your information and that you have choices about how we use it.
- Your privacy is not for sale
- We do not sell your information.
This policy applies to CSI Laboratories and any of our affiliate companies.
In this policy, we explain:
- What information we collect online and how we use it
- Our commitment to website security
- How we use technology to better serve you
- About third-party website links
- Contacting us about your privacy or security
- Effective date of this policy
Your choices (opting out)
We may send you newsletters or promotional emails that are relevant to supporting our relationship with you. If you’d like to stop receiving email and newsletters from us, you can opt out by following the instructions included in each email or newsletter.
Information we collect online
We are very careful with your personal information. We collect it through secure, encrypted channels, limit access to it and prohibit its unlawful exposure.
Examples of the information we may collect from you are:
- Your name
- Email address
- Physical address
- Telephone number
- Company or organization name
- Other information that may help us support your account
We may also collect information about the device you use to access our electronic services.
Why we need your information
We use your information to help us provide you with tools and services related to our testing products. We collect this information from:
- Your online registration, enrollment or subscription. We collect information from you when you register for online services such as tech-only services, are set up as an account to order test services from us, or participate in a promotion. We use this information to service your accounts and online activity. We may also use it to let you know about any new tests or services that we think you’d be interested in.
- Your account activity. Once your account has been opened, we collect and maintain information about your account activity. This allows us to administer your account and provide the services you have requested.
Email policies (use of your email)
If you are a client, we may use your email address to contact you with information about a test you have ordered, or to send you information that you have subscribed to or requested from us. We may also use your email address to contact you with information about our tests and services, and other important company news that is relevant to your future or current business relationship with us.
Remember, if you decide that you’d like to stop receiving email from us, you can opt out by following the instructions included in each email or newsletter.
Sharing of information
We do not sell your information.
We may share your information with third party companies as necessary to provide you with services you have requested from us. These third parties are prohibited from using your personal information or a patient’s protected health information except to provide these services, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of that information.
We may also share your information as required or permitted by law.
Our commitment to website security
For fast, secure and effective access, we recommend using the latest updated web browsers (such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari) supported by your device or computer.
For users of our portal, eCSI, our secure, password-protected website allows you to view private information (for example, patient information) and other details online. We use industry-standard firewalls and encryption to protect your information. You need an ID and password to access any online systems that display personal information. Our website features SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) with a digital certificate to enforce a minimum of 128-bit encrypted sessions.
We conduct regular web application vulnerability assessments to ensure all of our externally facing web pages are protected from attack in compliance with industry standards.
How we use technology to better serve you
We use different kinds of tracking technology to help us improve our website and our communications to you. For example, we collect tracking information by following your “footsteps” on our website.
A “cookie” is information that we store on your computer. For example, we may set an “ID tag” that allows us to recognize your computer when you visit our website.
We may use different kinds of cookies, depending on which part of our site you visit:
- Persistent cookies: These cookies stay in your browser until you delete them manually or your browser deletes them based on the duration period contained within the persistent cookie’s file.
- Non-persistent (“session”) cookies: These temporary cookies disappear when you close your browser.
If you do not wish to receive communications from us regarding our products and services, you can opt out at any time.
The Help menu on your browser will tell you how to stop your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether.
If you turn off cookies, you will still be able to access your account and information, but you may not be able to use some of the features on our website.
Other tracking methods
Third-party website links
Our web pages may include links to third-party sites, including social media sites, that provide related or helpful information or services. While we try to select quality content and sites, we do not control or operate these sites, and our policies and practices do not apply. We recommend that you review the privacy and security policies of any site you visit before sharing your personal information.
Contacting us about your privacy or security
If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, or about our privacy and security policies that we didn’t answer on this page, please contact our compliance department:
2580 Westside Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30004
Effective date of this policy
This policy is effective as of November 1, 2019. We may change our policy if we begin to use new technology or enhance our security systems, so you should check this page regularly for updates. A notice of material changes to this policy shall be posted to this page.